Direct-to-garment printing (DTG) is a process of garment printing using specialized ink jet technology. DTG printers typically have a plate designed to hold the garment in a fixed position, and the printer inks are sprayed onto the garment.
DTG typically requires that the garment be pre-treated with a PTM or Pre-treatment machine allowing for the following:
- Stronger bond between garment fibers and the pigmented inks
- Lays down loose fibers to provide for a smoother substrate
- Chemically reacts with the inks to promote drying and curing
Since this is a digital process the print is sharper and has a higher resolution than traditional printing methods such as screen printing. However, unlike screen printing, there is no long setup or clean-up process, and DTG has the ability to print just one single shirt for minimal cost.
- No Minimum Quantity
- Quick Turn-around Time
- Full Range of CYMK Color Printing
- Logo in a PNG format with a transparent background